What is This Dent on the Left Hand Side of my Bridge?

2 months post surgery now and I have this dent on the side of my bridge that is creating a gap, in the beginning I could press it in now I can't. The Dr told me to massage it gently and in time should get better, I'm really not sure about this solution? Would it really be enough?

Dent on Bridge

+1

As explained in previous communications, this dent is secondary to a separation or depression of the nasal bone. This will not  improve and will require a revision to reposition the bone or add material to augment the depression. This can be done at the same time as correction of the pollybeak.

Indentation of the nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It appears that the dent you are noticing is at the bony part of the nose, and may be due to a gap between the edges of the bone. The bone itself usually does not change during the healing phase after surgery, and any abnormalities may become more noticeable once the swelling decreases with time. You may need to have a revision to improve the appearance of your nose, and should discuss this with your surgeon.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Open Roof Deformity

+1

I believe we had answered this in your post about pollybeak.  You have what looks like an open roof deformity, which is a result of the osteotomy, or lack of when your hump was removed.

It will unlikely go away with time and you will need revision surgery at a later date, about 1 year out from your surgery.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD