I Have a Dent in the Middle of my Forehead with a Vein Running Down It, Treatment Options?

I have used Botox In the past but have never used fillers in my forehead area. What is the cause of this and is there any treatment for this since the vein is more noticeable. I went to a dermatologist and she prescribed me Dovonex which is an expensive cream. I don't know if this cream is going to fix this problem.

Treatments for Dents in Forehead

+1

Thank you for your question. I recommend consulting with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has filler experience, and obtaining some recommendations.  There are multiple filler options in the forehead.  I would recommend hyaluronic  products, such as Juvederm or Restylane. Your injector should be careful and keep it out of your vein.  You will want an experienced hand doing this procedure if this is an option for you after an evaluation. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Dent in Forehead

+1

I would have to see you to accurately diagnosis your "dent".  Steroid creams or injections can cause dents, as can trauma or other cause of tissue damage.  Fillers may be helpful.

Veins may be removed via sclerotherapy, electrosurgery or laser - a consult is needed to asses the best treatment option.  Good luck.

Robert Strimling, MD