Dent in Right Breast Implant 3 Months Post-Op BA, Anything I Can Do to Get Rid of It? (photo)

I am 33 and will be 3 months post-op tomorrow. I got a mastopexy with 250cc silicone gel implants submuscular. I noticed about 6 weeks after a dent that only occured when I lifted my right arm above my head or up some. I was so concerned that of course I looked online and read on here about animation deformit and crease/pocket issues. I rushed in to see my PS who just said "well its nothing and how many times will you be raising you arm up like that and taking pictures, they are great." J

Breast denting and implant motion

+1

Hi..You have muscular activity that is giving you a distortion of the breast mound with raising of your arms.  This is giving you a "double bubble" issue with the raising of your arms.  It is possible that you could have a release of the bands where the denting is taking place.  You can still go through the Benelli scars (periareolar) to release this area or to convert to a subglandular position.  If you do this approach (subglandular), then it probably would be good to do it on both sides because you will have a muscular movement with the implant under the muscle and very little if you place them (or one) over the muscle (subglandular).  No matter what, you still need more time to see your final result, even up to 6 months to a year.  I do like your result in the regular position so if you can accept it, then good.  If not, you need to talk to your ps about your options.  Good luck with it all.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Dent in Breasts

+1

Hello J,

I am sorry that you are having a problem with the appearance of your right breast.  Thank you for the photos you posted, I believe they are very telling of the problem.  I noticed photo 2 is reversed from the other photos, and it looks like your affected breast is on the left in that photo.

Analysis of the first photo shows a subtle but visible difference in the upper poles of the breast,  suggesting that the right implant is sitting lower on the chest wall.  There is also an extremely subtle suggestion of the crease in the lower medial pole on the right as well.  All the other photos show not only the crease in the right breast, but also a smaller crease on the left side too.  In addidtion, the other photos show the new inframammary fold on the right is lower, as suggested by the first photo.  All photos show a scar pattern suggestive of a donut/benelli/circumareolar type lift.

Unfortunately, my view of your problem is different from the other doctors.  Although you might have animation deformities, your root problem is implant placement; where the bottom of your pockets and implants have ended up relative to your natural (original) inframammary folds. Your right implant has lifted the fold up off your chest wall and slid underneath. Your left implant has done that too, but to a lesser extent, probably because your original fold was lower on the left.  This means that chest skin is now covering the implants below this crease deformity, and breast tissue and skin is covering them above the crease.  This doesn't get better with time, and probably has gotten worse since you first noticed it, since the natural phenomenon of 'settling' can only exacerbate this situation.

If this is 'nothing' to your plastic surgeon, and it is 'something' to you, you need to see another plastic surgeon, preferably one who is a specialist in breast revision surgery.  Revision surgery is more complex, and what needs to be done for you would be determined by a physical exam.  I can tell you that an important part of that surgery would be closing the bottom of the pockets to prevent the implants from sliding under your original fold, which would also improve any animation deformity that exists as well.  Additonal maneuvers might be required as well.

Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com

Contour Irregularity after Breast Augmentation

+1

It appears that the contour dent is more pronounced with your arms raised and I would favor muscle animation deformity as the diagnosis although it is hard to tell for sure without examination.  This can be seen with submuscular placement of breast implants.  Submammary placement may also lead to other types of contour deformities, so don`t feel as if the implants were placed in the wrong position,especially with a simultaneous mastopexy.  Seek another opinion if you are unhappy, but overall, you appear to have a nice result.   

Muscle animation

+1

What you are seeing is a muscle animation deformity. It may or may not get better with time.  Changing the pocket to a subglandualar  one may be the only way to improve it.

Band when arms are raised is the muscle edge

+1

The photo of the band when your arm is up is the pulled edge of the muscle, not a double bubble, and is a form of an animation deformity caused by the tight edge of the muscle over the implant. You might be able to get the same 'look' by pushing your hands down on your hips.  Your result is otherwise very good, and over a longer period of time it just might soften more.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Depression in Breast After Augmentation

+1

From the photos, it looks like you have a 'double bubble" where the crease exists from the old breast crease.  The implant slides down and there are two creases in the lower aspect of the breast.  The treatment is often restoring the breast crease to its original location. It appears you also had a lift so when you look to have this evaluated, your "pre-op" photos will be helpful. You will see some changes with a bit more time, but this type of scenario frequently needs additional surgery to full correct it. You have to weigh the fact that you look normal at rest and this is only evident with the elevation of your arms. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Dent in Right Breast

+1

From the look of things you may have a "double bubble" deformity. Three months post op is still early in the game for a final result. Wait at least another three months to get reevaluated. If you are still not satisfied with your surgeon's explanation seek out another opinion with an experienced breast surgeon.

Long Beach Plastic Surgeon