Dent in Middle of Forehead After Browlift?

I have a dent in middle of forehead about the size of a dime five weeks after browlift. It was from where the muscle was cut. Does this fill in and to away. Doesn't show up on picture sorry. Thank you. I'm so thankful for your answers during this very stressful healing time.

+1

Swelling should be resolved before further intervention is considered.  Fat grafting can be performed to fill the area if necessary.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Brow-Lift.php

Dent on your forehead

+1

It is unusual to have a dent on your forehead after a browlift procedure.  If you post a picture, it may be helpful. However, as you say, it may not show well in a picture.  A dermal filler may be your best and least invasive option.  A simple and quick injection with a product such as Juvederm or Restylane can be very helpful and smoothing contours and filling small dents.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Browlift Problems

+1

It sounds like you had some muscle removed from your forehead to reduce frowning during the browlift procedure.  The muscle is called the corrugator supercilii and is responsible for the vertical lines in between the brows.  This can leave a divot of sorts there since this muscle adds volume to the skin.  I would suggest giving it a bit more time to heal, then seeing your surgeon again.  You may require some fat grafting there to re fill the void left by the muscle removal. 

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead dent after brow lift.

+1

Forehead dent after brow lift will probably go away with time. There are many ways to fix this and it will depend on the final size.

Dent in the forehead after a brow lift

+1

If soft tissue was excised from your forehead it is possible that this will need to be filled in with fat grafting.