Dent in Bridge 6 Weeks Post Septorhinoplasty? (photo)

Hello. I had a septorhinoplasty 6 weeks ago, and over the past few days as the swelling is starting to subside I've noticed a dent in the bridge, on the right side of my nose. My surgeon filed a bump, reduced the tip and fixed a deviated septum. The dent is upsetting me a lot because it distorts the front view as well as the 3/4 profile view. Will this get worse as the swelling subsides? I know it takes up to a year to see the result, but I'm terrified of it getting worse

Dent in Bridge 6 Weeks Post Septorhinoplasty?

+1

This is not a dent but a deviation of the bony septum in the superior portion of the bridge. Best to see you surgeon to discuss this issue. 

Dent on the nose 6 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

Without looking at your photos it is very difficult to give you an educated advise.  In any case, it is hard to predict whether this problem improves with time once bones and cartilages have settled, or worsens with time once all swelling is gone. If the problem persists and is just a small dent without any impact on nasal function (breathing), then it may be possible to fill it in the office with a filler. A bigger problem may require surgery. At this point you should wait it out and see how it develops.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD