Dent on Bridge of Nose After Open Revision Septo-Rhinoplasty

I had an open revision septo-rhinoplasty 8 weeks ago. Over all I am happy with my nose but I have noticed a dent on the top left side of my bridge that has been there since cast off. It is now somewhat more visible as the swelling has gone down although no-one else has noticed it. I am concerned though that as time goes by this could become more noticeable. As it's been there for 8 weeks is there any hope that it will eventually fill out? Thank you.

+1

Only complete resolution of the swelling can tell if this is permenant and if so you can have fillers injected under it or have surgical correction which most often is a limited incision procedure.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dent after rhinoplasty can be from bridge or internal valves

+1

A dent on the top of the nose is a depression in the bridge line--this may or may not get worse but can easily be corrected some day with augmentation.

More common are dents on the sides of the nose,  just at the edge of the bridge, which come from weakening (or collapse) of the internal valves after the bridge is reduced.  These dents can occur on one or both sides depending on the position of the septum.  These types of dents are also correctable with "spreader grafts."

After you are healed, see an experienced surgeon who can show you results of similar corrections.  Best of luck.

Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.