Dent Under Breast After Breast Augmentation? (photo)

I am 11 months post opp and have a dent under my breasts which has been there since my op. I had mild tuberous breasts before and had a breast lift along with the implants. My breasts still dont look right. My surgeon says this is normal but its really upsetting me as i know people with the same condition who received far better results. My surgeon has no answer as to why my breasts have turned out like this though, he is not being helpfull. Can some please provide some insight?? Thanks.

Tuberous Breast Deformity after Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

If the breast had a very short nipple areola complex to IMF distance, residual deformity is more common.  Also, the type of breast lift and size of implant influence the appearance.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Hughes Breast Augmentation Los Angeles, CA

Dent

+1

The preoperative photos would be revealing of why this has happened. a revision with fat grating or redisribution of existing breast will help.

Dent Under Breast After Breast Augmentation?

+1

Sorry to say and see you still have residual snoopy dog deformity below the N/A complex. Additional surgery is needed to improve. I like the pin hole technique with fat grafting to alleviate this issue. 

Contour deformity after breast augmentation

+1

Since you mentioned that you had mild tuberous breasts, most likely the lower pole of your breast has very minimal breast tissues and short distance from nipple to the inframammary fold. The indentation or lack of convexity of the lower pole may be due to inadequate or incomplete release of the lower breast tissues. Another possibility is skin tightness which has not stretched out or expanded adequately, even with the addition of breast implant. There are ways to revise and improve your lower pole appearance. Revision surgery is higher with patient who presents with tuberous breasts. If you don't think your current surgeon is the right person to help you then seek out qualified plastic surgeons who has the experiences treating this type of deformity.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Tuberous Breast

+1

Tuberous breast deformities really are multiple varying degrees of a constricted breast deformity.  Some are easier to correct than others, and revision surgery is more common with the more severe forms.  At this point, I don't think your shape will change much.  You may benefit from a revision procedure, but exactly what needs to be done is difficult to determine just from your lateral view photos.  I would recommend that you seek out a plastic surgeon experienced in dealing with tuberous breast deformities.

RESULT AFTER BREAST AUGMENTATION

+1

Dear Suzie:

Certainly, after 11 months, your breast lateral shape doesn't look good. Specially the lower pole is distorted.

I think that it's not a "double bubble deformity" but it's probably due to a suboptimal correction of the tubular breast deformity in the lower pole and inframamary fold (probably considering it was enough); another reason could be the inadequate implant placement (too low)(or two high diameter when choosing the implant).

It is a "more than usual" complication when correcting a tubular breast. But it can be ALWAYS CORRECTED with an easy surgical procedure.

Good luck!

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Double Bubble After Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Suzie,

Thank you for sharing your photos along with your concern.

The double-bubbe deformity you are expressing is not uncommon with patients exhibiting tuberous breasts before they undergo a breast augmentation.

Nonetheless, without knowing the full details of your surgery and analyzing your pre-op pictures, it is a little difficult to provide you with an accurate answer to why this happened.

The important thing is to find a solution for your current situation especially that at 11 months post-op, almost no changes will occur to solve the double-bubble breasts shown in the photos.

It seems that you can benefit from a revision surgery where the base will be released and another size and type of implants will be used.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Double Bubble Breast Deformity

+1

SuzieSunshine, after 11 months you should not expect any significant changes in your breasts. From your pictures it does appear that you have a "double bubble" type deformity. Depending on the severity of your "tubular" breasts preop, it is fairly common to see this problem and it can be fixed by surgically releasing the base of the breast and will probably require an implant of a diferent diameter. This is a problem that can be resolved. If your surgeon cannot do it seek another opinion.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Dent Under Breast

+1

Without a preop photo it is hard to be what this is. The two main possibilities are :

• This is the lower edge of your pectoral muscle causing the identation
  • This is the  original breast fold, which is typically too high  in the setting of tubular breast. 

If this is the muscle edge, moving the implant to submammary position should improve this. If it is the old fold, it should improve gradually with time and massage, but there is not good surgical option.

Discuss with your surgeon, or get a second opinion if that is not satisfactory. 

Thanks, and best wishes.

Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Real Self reader:

I would like to see your before photos.  I think you had your implants placed under the muscle.  That is the problem.  You have a double bubble deformity.  The solution-----> move the implants to a subglandular position.  Good Luck.  

Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon