Dent at Bottom of Areola and Square Shape Breast? (photo)

Hi, i am three weeks post op 350cc unders both sides with small lift on right side only, is it normal to have dent at bottom of areola at this time will this stretch out, also the breast i had small lift on is a square shape at the lower half of the breast will this round out with time, i had no more then 1cm difference between them before hand.

Breast Irregularities After Augmentation

+1

Thank you for sharing you photo.

Although pre-op pictures would have helped greatly, I believe that it is too early at this time to judge the results of your surgery.

The irregularity described in your post should get better with time as your recovery process excels.

However, it is important that you do keep an open communication with your surgeon, follow his/her instructions and have a little more patience.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

It should round out with time

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  Its hard to know for certain what your plastic surgeon did during the lift part of the procedure but I suspect that the flat area will round out with time.  As this occurs you may also notice that the upper pole volume on that breast will decrease somewhat.  During this process you will have to consider and discuss with your plastic surgeon what your options for revision if needed and desired.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Dent at Bottom of Areola and Square Shape Breast

+1

There are many minor or modest irregularites present early on in the healing process that tend to improve over the course of healing--usually by three months, occasionally a bit longer.

Without seeing a pre-op photo, it is difficult to comment on the post op result. 

Patience. Follow up with your surgeon.

Thanks for  your question, best wishes. 

Areola and breast shape

+1

You are very early after surgery. Your results look as one would expect at this stage of recovery. You should continue to improve.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Looks good so far, too early to tell

+1

Your result looks fine for being 3 weeks out from surgery.The "dent" at the bottom of the areola sometimes happens from the closure, but goes away eventually. If it doesn't go away, it can be revised later.  The lift on the right side is probably the cause for the flattening on the bottom. I'm not certain what technique your surgeon used, but it is also common after lifts to have this as it usually droops down a little afterwards, so he/she may have overcorrected it on purpose. Again, give it time and it should come out fine. If you have any concerns after a few months of everything settling, ask your surgeon about your options. I'm sure he/she will want you to be happy.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant surgery post op

+1

You stated that you are 3 weeks post op.  No doubt, you are in the healing stage and the breast have not settled.  Be sure to allow 6 plus weeks for a final result.  It is important to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon on a routine basis while you are in the healing process.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD