I Have a Dent After Rhinoplasty.

I had rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago. The nose looks quite good, however 3 days ago I started noticing a small dent on the bridge of the nose. I know that the nose will change during the next few months but I want to know is there any possibility that the dent will disappear? My doctor says I should wait but I am really worried about this.

Will a "dent" in the nose that appears soon after rhinoplasty resolve on its own?

+2

Will a "dent" in the nose soon after rhinoplasty resolve? It is possible for bumps or "dents" to resolve after rhinoplasty. Three weeks is very early to make an assessment of the result. It taken a minimum of three months to have a good idea of the final result. Swelling will continue to slowly resolve up to 12 months. It's difficult to say without seeing your photos but your surgeon has given you sound advice. With that said, it's much easier to tell one to be patient than to be the person in your shoes who has to accept that advice. However, it is way to soon to consider doing anything to intervene or fill that dent as your nose will undergo significant changes in the first three months.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dents after rhinoplasty can be fixed if necessary.

+1

If the dent persists at 6 months after rhinoplasty, then it is probably not going to go away on its own.  Injecting silicone into the defect can permanently correct the problem (non-surgically) if necessary.  At 3wks after surgery, your defect may still be transient and related to tissue fluid redistribution.

Donald T. Levine, MD
Nyack Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dent 3 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hopefully your dent which is present 3 weeks after rhinoplasty will disappear as healing progresses. Your surgeon is correct when he/she advises you to wait; nothing should be done at this time. If necessary, this can be corrected with a minor revision at a later date.

A small dent after rhinoplasty might disappear

+1

It is possible that the small dent on the bridge will smooth out after further healing. Of course, we don't like to see them, and often they do not go away without help. Your doctor is probably concerned as well, but waiting is best for now.

Dent on the nose 3 wks after rhinoplasty

+1

I agree with previous posts. Too early to tell. Is it really a dent, or is it swelling around the area, that gives the appearance of a dent? I would wait at least six months. After that options can be discussed with your surgeon, if need be.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dent After Rhinoplasty

+1

3 weeks post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon.  Some depressions may correct themselves over time others may not.  You will get a more clear picture in moths to come.

Sam Naficy, MD