Procedure for Dent Above Belly Button?

I am a 21-year-old female and I had a child about 18 months ago. I weigh 125 lbs and I am 5'5". I didn't gain much weight while I was pregnant. I have a small umbilical hernia which will be repaired next month. What can I do about the small indent above my belly button? It wasn't there prior to my pregnancy. What is it and what can I do about it?

Belly Button Surgery Can often take care of nearby problems

+1
Belly button surgery, also called umbilicoplasty, should be able to improve the dent you have above your belly button while making your belly button smaller as well if you wish. Chose your plastic surgeon wisely (see below link).

Belly button revision in Los Angeles

+1
A combination of rectus diastasis and loss of upper pole fat can lead to an indentation in the belly button tissue. We see this commonly in our practice. A belly button revision can help reduce the indentation and improve the cosmetic appearance of the navel. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Procedure for dent above belly button?

+1

The dent you are referring to is most likely a separation between the six pack (rectus abdominus) muscles of the tummy. These muscles are literally pulled apart to allow growth of the baby. After wards, regardless of how much toning exercises you do (and you appear in great shape) the separation remains. you can convince yourself of this by bending over sideways in front of a mirror and relaxing your tummy (not easy to do) - you will see a hammock.

THE best treatment for it is a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) which will nicely correct any "hernia" you have. I would only have a general surgeon fix this if you are not done having children since a tummy tuck is best done after you are done completing your family.

You may want to read more on my website at http://www.cosmeticsurgeryspecialists.org/bodyprocedures/mommymakeover.html

I hope this was helpful.

Peter A Aldea, MD, FACS
www.TheBeautyDoctors.com