Breasts Not Dense So Reduction Will Go from G to B Cup?

I am a full G cup. I had a consultation with a plastic surgeon and was told that I am a good candidate for a br, but that my breasts were not as dense/heavy as most people's. This means that I will end up around a small B cup, if I go through insurance. Is this common, to go from a G to small B?

Breast Reduction and resulting Cup Size?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery. It is one of the most patient pleasing operations we performed. 

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.‚Ä®Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Breast reduction

+1

Going from a G to a B is a big jump in a breast reduction. If you are that large more than likely in my hands you end up as a C or D.  You have to leave a certainly amount of tissue for the nipple areola to survive and the skin flaps to survive.

G to B cup breast reduction

+1

This is a relatively precise estimate and I am not sure how that calculation wsa made but that is a realtively agressive reduction.

Breast reduction

+1

The breasts can be reduced to almost any size. This should be carefully talked about between the patient and their plastic surgeon. You want to err on the side of keeping them larger for it is more usual for patients to feel they have been made too small. I have patients show me in books about what size they want to be. Another huge benefit of breast reduction surgery is that it re-shapes the breasts.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Quite a downsizing!

+1

It seems to be a bit of a drastic downsize.  I am not saying it can't be done but it I would be concerned about taking too much tissue and hindering the healing.  Visit with several board certified plastic surgeons to get some other opinions.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS