Can Swelling Cause Webbing of Inner Corners 2 Weeks After Blepharoplasty?

I am very concerned that i still have webbing at the inner corners of eyes 15 days after upper blepharoplasty! Is this normal? I have rang the hospital where i was operated and the nurse told me it was quite normal and will go away over a period of weeks to months as the scar tissue softens. I would appreciate any feedback! Many thanks in advance.

Webbing after blepharoplasty

+2

I am sorry you are unhappy with your early results. 

It would be helpful to see pictures in order to give you better advise.  Certainly there can be swelling a couple of weeks after surgery, but in most cases, there is not webbing at this point. That said, two weeks is way to early to be making any consideration about the quality of the surgery.  Your swelling will go down over the next couple of months.  Don't rush to a quick fix!

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Post Blepharoplasty Swelling

+1

Thank you for your question. This can be just a product of edema, and it is hard to know exactly what you are going to have unless you have the swelling subsided. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Swelling can create temporary webbing of the medial incision after upper lid blepharoplasty.

+1

The inner portion of the upper lid is slightly convex. If the incision extends into this convexity the rigidity created by swelling can cause temporary webbing.