Chin Implant Recommended? (photo)

Hi. I think My chin is vertically too high but horizontally too short, i also have an overjet so I'm not sure if a chin implant is gonna help me achieve the look I want (I have attached a before and after photo of what I want) or if I actually need to correct my jaw. I'm happy about the way my chin looks like from the front, it's just my profile I'm not happy about.

Chin Implant Recommended?

Yes, from the photos provide the chin is very weak.  Chin Augmentation with a Chin Implant could increase chin projection and balance the lower face on profile.  

I believe you would have a better result with an advancement genioplasty.  You can adjust the the chin horizontally, vertically and advance it as well with this technique.  You can also advance the chin more with a genioplasty than with a chin implant.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Chin implant for recessive chin

A  Chin implant is inserted through submental incision is placed directly over the bone to give mostly a horizontal projection. The implant is three-dimensional so there is a little bit of width  and vertical height that is added when patients have an implant placed. Silastic chin implants come in  a variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the consultation

Should I Get a Chin Implant?

You need to have your dental occlusion evaluated before placing a chin implant. Having said that, a chin implant will achieve the desired goals. 

Chin implant

You seem to be a great candidate for a chin implant to correct your facial profile. It is unlikely you would need vertical shortening which is a less simple procedure. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible chin implant?

Your mouth, teeth, and bite would need to be evaluated to determine if you might be a candidate for a sliding genioplasty.  If the bite and teeth or okay, then you do appear to be a candidate for a chin augmentation with an implant and I think you would be able to get a good result with that procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon