Chin Implant Recommended? (photo)

Hi. I think My chin is vertically too high but horizontally too short, i also have an overjet so I'm not sure if a chin implant is gonna help me achieve the look I want (I have attached a before and after photo of what I want) or if I actually need to correct my jaw. I'm happy about the way my chin looks like from the front, it's just my profile I'm not happy about.

Chin Implant Recommended?

+1

Yes, from the photos provide the chin is very weak.  Chin Augmentation with a Chin Implant could increase chin projection and balance the lower face on profile.  

Chin

+1

I believe you would have a better result with an advancement genioplasty.  You can adjust the the chin horizontally, vertically and advance it as well with this technique.  You can also advance the chin more with a genioplasty than with a chin implant.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Chin implant for recessive chin

+1
 A  Chin implant is inserted through submental incision is placed directly over the bone to give mostly a horizontal projection. The implant is three-dimensional so there is a little bit of width  and vertical height that is added when patients have an implant placed. Silastic chin implants come in  a variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the consultation

Should I Get a Chin Implant?

+1

You need to have your dental occlusion evaluated before placing a chin implant. Having said that, a chin implant will achieve the desired goals. 

Chin implant

+1

You seem to be a great candidate for a chin implant to correct your facial profile. It is unlikely you would need vertical shortening which is a less simple procedure. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible chin implant?

+1

Your mouth, teeth, and bite would need to be evaluated to determine if you might be a candidate for a sliding genioplasty.  If the bite and teeth or okay, then you do appear to be a candidate for a chin augmentation with an implant and I think you would be able to get a good result with that procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon