Chickenpox Scars Punch Excision? (photo)

Hello. my name is Laila.. i wanna ask if a punch excision is the option for my deep dark chickenpox scars.?¨ is punch excision the option so i can get it don? if other excision., then what is the name of the excisions? but not a subcision right? thanks for your help., im going to the doctor the 19.2.12 a quik answer would be nice.

Punch Excision for Chicken Pox or Acne Scars

+1

Thank you for the question and your pictures. Yes, punch excision is a good option for certain types of scars. This can include acne scars ("ice pick" scars) and chicken pox scars. In your photo, however, it looks like a couple of the scars are larger than would be traditionally considered for punch excision (larger than 3mm). These may require formal scar revision. Lastly, you must consider how your skin heels and discuss this with your surgeon before proceeding.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon