Delayed Swelling After Facial Liposuction Possible?

Hello I am 26 and had liposuction of the jowl area 8 days ago to attain a thinner face. One/two day post OP my face was very contoured and I could already tell the difference. However, the remaining days and now my face looks the same as pre-op with that area somewhat swollen? I am jsut wondering if delayed swelling is possible or did fat shit down into the area liposuctioned? Sorry just worried and hoping for better results.

Liposuction of the chin and neck in Los Angeles

+1

Patients who undergo chin and neck liposuction may experience phasic swelling depending on the compression and their activity level.  Begin therapy with Arnica, continue compression, and begin massage therapy. 

Liposuction of Jowls

+1

If the fat was reduced in this area, this may help the contours in a younger person.  At 8 days, you will still have swelling.  Swelling may persist for several weeks.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA