Delayed Pain Normal After Pixel Laser Resurfacing?

I just had my first resurfacing done, the pain was very minimal and I it felt like I had a sunburn. However, as the night progressed the pain increased. Sleeping was difficult, I'd sleep for an hour and then wake up from pain. Is this normal?

Pain after laser treatment

It is not uncommon for the pain to increase a bit after a laser procedure. Usually for the lighter stuff, I recommend tylenol and or cold compresses. Usually patients have emollient like aquaphor plasce on  the skin.  Most of the time patients state it feels like  a sunburn.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Pain after Pixel

Most of my patients complain of tightness of their skin for 2 days but not actual pain. It is normal to feel some pain for up to 3 days but it should be like a sunburn. I suggest you see your surgeon if you are concerned.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS

1800 S.W. 27th Ave.
Miami , FL 33145