Delayed Pain Normal After Pixel Laser Resurfacing?

I just had my first resurfacing done, the pain was very minimal and I it felt like I had a sunburn. However, as the night progressed the pain increased. Sleeping was difficult, I'd sleep for an hour and then wake up from pain. Is this normal?

Pain after Pixel

+1

Most of my patients complain of tightness of their skin for 2 days but not actual pain. It is normal to feel some pain for up to 3 days but it should be like a sunburn. I suggest you see your surgeon if you are concerned.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pain after laser treatment

+1

It is not uncommon for the pain to increase a bit after a laser procedure. Usually for the lighter stuff, I recommend tylenol and or cold compresses. Usually patients have emollient like aquaphor plasce on  the skin.  Most of the time patients state it feels like  a sunburn.