Delayed Onset of Nodules? Why Is Information About Sculptra So Variable?

Why am I reading so much different information about Sculptra? I have experienced inflammatory sculptra nodules and if the "natural product" is absorbed in a year then why am I experiencing painful nodules 3 years after injection? when will this product get out of my body? Why do they market it as SAFE when it is a plastic and "nobody knows" how long it will be causing problems in my body. One doctor told me he thought it would be about 5 years another said highly variable.

Sculptra is not a plastic derived from petroleum products

+1

Sculptra is a biodegradable polymer produced through corn dextrose (sugar) fermentation. Although the term polymer is sometimes taken to refer to plastics, it actually encompasses a large class of compounds comprising both natural and synthetic materials with a wide variety of properties. Bacterial fermentation is used to produce lactic acid from corn starch or cane sugar. Sculptra is gradually degraded into water and carbon dioxide over approximately 9 to 24 months. Newly formed collagen remains and the cosmetic augmentation has been noted to last up to at least 24 months. Nodules are often referred to as “granulomas” and can occur from six months to three years after the injections. They usually appear abruptly and are accompanied by swelling and discoloration. They can usually be treated by steroid injections.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon