Is Delayed Eye Swelling Normal with Cheek Implants?

I had cheek implants 7 days ago and the initial swelling was as expected around the lip and cheek areas. Over the last day my lower eyelid has swollen to the point where it's nearly closed. This happened overnight. Is it normal? The other eye also has very minor swelling over the same period. My concern is that it might be an infection or rejection. I expected swelling to gradually decrease, not to decrease then to suddenly form elsewhere after 1 week. many thanks

Delayed Eye Swelling

+2

Swelling can move and adjust as you are healing from any procedure, so the eye swelling may not be something to be too concerned about. However, if you are experiencing any new pain or tenderness, or if you are worried, call the physician who did your treatment - he or she should be able to address your concerns and explain what to expect.

+1

I have performed many cheek augmentations with Cheek Implants for over 20 years and IMHO, no..this isn't typical or normal.  You should go back and see the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Cheek Implant surgery for evaluation.  You didn't mention whether the cheek implants were placed through the mouth, my preferred route, or through the lower eyelid.  If the lower eyelid approach was used, perhaps the implants are shifting.  In either case, that degree of eeylid swelling dictates that infection or allergy to medications be ruled out ASAP.  Hope this helps.