I Am 6 Days Post Op and Are my Breasts Healing Correctly? (photo)

I am very worried because my right breast seems to look different than my left breast. My left breast looks round while the bottom of my right breast looks a little flat. I have an post operation appointment with my surgeon Thursday but I'm still very anxious and worried that it is healing wrong.

Breasts Will Settle

+1

It's way, way too early to be worried but the right time to be proactive.  You should be wearing a Breast Band to help position the right implant lower as well as starting implant displacement exercises.  Never wear a bra.  Also, it's impossible to tell if the asymmetry is a result of the surgery or the way your breasts were originally positioned but I definitely believe that the proper post-op management can greatly improve your ultimate result.  Your surgeon will instruct you as to what you should be doing and you should follow-up on a weekly basis until you are satisfied with your progress and early result.     

Post-op appearance

+1

You just need to be patient. It will take 3 months for stretching to give you your final result, and they will probably be fine. They never look exactly the same in the immediate post op period.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Uneven after surgery

+1

I see your concerns. I think that it is too early to worry about it. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and follow instructions.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Early asymmetry not uncommon following a breast augmentation

+1

Early asymmetry is not uncommon following a breast augmentation.  It is hard to tell if there is some asymmetry of the inframammary crease from side to side.  Give it time and most of these early problems will go away.

Results after six days, hard to judge

+1

There is almost always a difference in the skin envelope right to left and at six days your breast has not had time to relax and give to accomodate the implant. This is a very hard time to judge as your breast will change a great deal the first several weeks and even months, so hang in there.

Assymetric breasts 6 day post op

+1

It is common to have some asymmetry this early after a breast augmentation surgery.  Swelling at this time can be significant and contributes to the shape of your breasts.  Swelling can be different between the breasts.  Resolution of the swelling and settling of the breasts can take months.  I would not be worried at this time.  Please discuss your concerns with your surgeon on your post-op visit.  All the Best!  Thanks for the question.

Steven Svehlak, MD

Anxious after breast augmentation

+1

Hi, there.  It is normal to have asymmetry between left and right breast.  Implants will settle down in different rate as well. For 6 day postop, you look good; I don't think you should be anxious about your breasts.  Be patient; I think your plastic surgeon will re-assure you on Thursday.

Sugene Kim, MD

Post op Breast Augment

+1

6 days out from your surgery is not a good time to start evaluating the surgical results. There are many significant changes that have taken place and will continue to take place over the next weeks and months. There does not appear to be anything overtly abnormal in your photos. Asymmetry in swelling and breast shape are very common in the early post-op period.

I would advise that you express your specific concerns to your surgeon, who is best able to guide you through this phase of your healing.

Eugene J. Sidoti, Jr., MD
Scarsdale Plastic Surgeon

Early post-op

+1

6 days post-operatively is very early in the healing phase. I would encourage you to wear a supportive bra and be patient as it can take up to 12 weeks for implants to settle. At that time you can discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Best of luck!

N. Bill Aydin, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Early Post op Breast

+1

This is definitely not the time to panic and start posting pics.  You are very early in the postoperative period and there is much healing and settling to take place.  Often the breast, muscle, and tissues are different on the right and left side of the same patient and the breasts may heal at a different rate.  I'm sure your surgeon will review all your concerns with you at your postoperative visit, good luck.

Sean A. Simon, MD