Do you know any good doctor in the metro area of New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland or, Washington, D.C. Area?

I was going to go to DR for surgery but I am so afraid so many h0rror stories about getting surgery over there. But I still want a tt with lipo to my stomach and back.

Good doctors in the metro area for tummy tuck and lipo

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
You are wise to have your procedure done here in the U.S. I have seen many patients who have come back with very severe infections after having had procedures performed in the DR and other places. I would be happy to see you in consultation. You can reach my office at 212-688-5882. Best of luck to you.

Good doctors in the northeast

+1
There are hundreds of very well qualified plastic surgeons in these areas.  You are smart to stay local -- if possible, find a surgeon whose office is easily accessible to you. 

Best to consult with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons or the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery for names of surgeons in your area.  Best advice:  consult with 2 or 3 surgeons and then go with the one with whom you have the most confidence and trust.  The fee, while important, should be the least of your concerns.  The results of your surgery will be there for a long time -- and long after the fee is forgotten.

Good luck!

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
New York City

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD

Choosing a surgeon

+1
If you are not comfortable with a particular clinic why would you go there. Please find a doctor you have heard great things about, if you can't afford him now, then save so you can afford his services.

It is important to be comfortable with your surgeon and his staff.

John Sampson, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

+1
VERY GOOD CHOICE to have your surgery locally. There are probably a hundred good and well qualified doctors in your area. Ask around to your friends and their friends to see who they liked and gave them good results.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Plastic surgeon recommendations

+1
It is best to stick with the US for your surgery. There are many good plastic surgeons in the northeast--you just need to do your homework!  First and foremost, ask your friends and family if they have any personal recommendations. If that is not an option for you, go to the American Board of Plastic Surgery and/or American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS) websites to search for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Often you can search by your zip code to find one near you. You may even want to visit a few offices to find which surgeon you trust and mesh best with!  Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Yes

+1
There are many excellent surgeons in this area, have a complimentary consultation with a board certified, experienced plastic surgeon.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Finding a good Plastic Surgeon in the NY/NJ area

+1
There are many great plastic surgeons in the NY/NJ area. There are also many bad ones too, so do your homework. You will never find prices as low as in DR, but cheaper isn't always better. Remember, you may find some low prices here in the the US, but it does not include the revision surgery that you may need. I have personally revised many tummy tucks from a plastic surgeon in the area who has very low prices, and the revision usually costs more than they paid originally. Be a smart consumer and check reviews, ASPS website, Castle Connolly directory, etc.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Plastic surgeon in NY Area

+1
There are many very competent plastic surgeons in the NY metro area. It is important that you use someone who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and who is experienced in the type of surgery that you are looking for. Make sure that you find someone who you feel comfortable with! Good luck

Wilfred Brown, MD
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1
I am a board certified plastic surgeon in West Orange, NJ and have over 20 years experience. In my building, we have a Medicare Approved, AAAASF Accredited surgi-center and our board certified anesthesiologists are from St. Barnabas Hospital. The total cost of a tummy tuck is from $6000 - $7800 depending on the individual case.
The price includes the Board Certified Professional Fee, Board Certified Anesthesia fee, and Medicare Approved Surgicenter fee. Hope this helps.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

+1

When it comes to choosing a plastic surgeon I generally advise that patients start with the American Society of Plastic Surgery  to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes.