After Revision Thigh Lifts the Skin of Vagina is Being Pulled Open, Is there Any Chance of Fixing this?

I have had 4 thighs lifts to correct botched lipo. These lifts didn't tighten the skin at all and now I'm left with horrible scars and my vagina is pulling open. There is no natural crease between my legs, and when I open my legs just a little, there is webbing of my skin.My doctor is the Chief of Surgery in a major hospital. I don't understand how a doctor of this skill level could not realize that this deformity could occur.What can be done now?? Am I forever deformed. It hurts as well.

Labiaplasty - After Thigh Lift with Revisions

+1

I'm obviously very sorry for your experience...but I don't think that labiaplasty is the answer at this point.  You need to get a few consultations from board-certified plastic surgeons (I recognize that you've already gone that route - but that's still the way to go) to see what can be done.  I don't know that there will be a quick fix, but addressing the labia to correct the effects of the thigh lift is as much of an issue as having a thigh lift to correct the effects of a lipo:  neither necessarily addresses the specific issues.  It is, of course, not possible for me to make any specific recommendations or assessments via this forum, but I would suggest that you get at least 3-4 different consultations from surgeons in your area - who can examine you in person - before you proceed with, or even consider, additional surgery at this point.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Thigh Lift Revision

+1

HI,

I agree with the other answers. You need to seek the opinion of another board certified plastic surgeon-the thigh skin may not be appropriately tethered to the pubic bone and fascia and thus the weight of the skin and fat is pulling the labia apart. If you have already had 4 operations, then at this point you may have a chronic defficiency of skin (which can be very difficult to correct). Sometimes the only solution is to place a tissue expander under the thigh skin to stretch it out enough and allow advancement into the groin crease. I am sorry that you are having these problems.

Regards,

Daniel A. Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

+1

Hi, sorry to hear about your problem.  I have performed hundreds of labiaplasties.  Your problem is not something a labiaplasty will correct.  If there is no natural crease between your legs and the pubia area, it usually means that the thigh lift was not suspended to the fascia and as a result the skin pulls on the vagina and the vagina pulls open causing dryness and discomfort.

You need to find a board certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in thighplasties (thigh lifts).  It sounds like you may have to have it reivsed again.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Thigh Lifting and Reconstruction

+1

At some point you should seek consultation with  other well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in your area,  given that you are dealing with a complicated problem and past surgical history.

I may be able to help you with specific names of surgeons in your area if you wish to contact me via e-mail.