I Have a Deformation of my Breast Around the Scar Area. Will It Get Better, or Do I Need Yet Another Surgery? (photo)

6 years ago I had a reduction that left my breasts saggy. Recently I went to a clinic to get them fixed by having a lift and a small implant. After my first surgery I had a "scar capsule" that left my breasts uneven so they had to perform a second surgery to fix it. After the second surgery the results are even worse. I had the surgery done out of country so post-op consults are very hard. Is this the surgeons fault? How can I fix this? After 3 surgeries I'm feeling very frustrated.

Update: My surgery was done in Florida. I'm from Canada.  The swelling below the breast is not the implant. I can feel it and it seems correctly located. I'd really like to know what went wrong? I've had 3 surgeries already to get "normal" looking breasts and it's failed every time. First a reduction that left me with saggy boobs. Now two failed breast lift/augmentation. I just want to look normal.

Doctor Answers 2

I Have a Deformation of my Breast Around the Scar Area. Will It Get Better, or Do I Need Yet Another Surgery?

Your implant has dropped below the infra mammary crease incision. Thus you need revision surgery. This is why out of country surgery that has a poor outcome is very hard to find USA surgeons who will take you on. You need to do multiple in person consults and expect to be charged a fee for the revisions.

Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 77 reviews

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Assymetry after augmentation

Sadly this is the risk of medical tourism.  This can be fixed but will require further surgery to adjust the pocket.  I usually wait about 6 months for a revisionary surgery, but in your case less time might be possible.  I would recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss options.

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS
Austin Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 152 reviews

7700 Cat Hollow Drive
Round Rock, TX 78681

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.