Deflation and Inversion from Breast Feeding, Need More Size and Projection to Overcome? (photo)

These pictures are ve similar to me but I have less tissue and at my nipples my breasts are inverted. I am 113lbs 5'1 with 28" rib cage and a 12.3cm BW. I don't have a lot of downward sag just deflation. My goal is to get to a C and am currently an A with extra skin. The PS is recommending Mentor HP 400 because they fit my BW and should help re-inflate my breasts better. I liked the 350cc sizer with my body so the PS said 400 would be best under muscle. I don't want a D (too big), opinions?

Inverted nipples

+1

Sounds like you are in good hands! Although we can never guarantee a specific breast size (we are limited by your tissues), we can best make that approximation during surgery. Trying on external sizers or using imaging systems is not realistic in my opinion and therefore misleading. Inverted nipples can be easily corrected by either making a small incision right at the base of the nipple or sometimes the weight of the implant can 'push' them out. Your PS will be able to determine if an extra incision to correct this will be necessary at the time of surgery. Best wishes,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

As you know, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals. You should also make sure that breast lifting is not necessary to achieve your goals.

In regards to breast implant size/profile it will be very important to have a fullcommunication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Breast augment size

+1

There isn't much difference between the 350 and 400 cc implants; a high profile implant will make the  breasts  appear larger but you always have to take into consideration the width of the chest as well as the effect of placing the implant under the muscle. It frequently takes more than one visit and discussion to settle on an implant size.  When you try the sizers in the office, I recommend putting on one of your favorite blouses to see how they look over the sizers.  Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Size

+1

Hello

400cc sounds just about right for what you’re looking for. If you don’t have a lot of excess skin a lift is not necessary. You’re going about 2 cup sizes up and to your descriptions sounds like you would be well proportioned. It would be a great idea to look for people with your same body structure and implant size to give you a real idea on how you would look and to see if thats what your looking for.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Consider 3D imaging

+1

Nothing gives a patient more anxiety than trying to pick the right breast implant size.  One new method is using the Vectra 3D imaging system.  Using this new technology you will be able to visualize the implant on you and can do away with using sizing implants, bras and sorting through pictures on the internet.  

Sounds like a good plan

+1

You are in the correct range of implant volume although 400 may be a bit too much for your frame.  As you are probably aware, it is more common for women to regret not having gone large enough, therefore consider pushing the volume somewhat. 

It is best to have an extra visit or two with your plastic surgeon to review sizes and thus be as certain as possible that you will be happy with your result.  

Hi profile sounds good as you are relatively narrow and your tissues are loose. Under the muscle is most common and helps to minimize implant visibility. 

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon