I Have a Deflated Saline Implant in my Left Breast. I Noticed What Feels Like a Round Dent or Round Hole in the Upper Pole Area?

Deflated implant

+1

A deflated implant will feel irregular and you may be feeling the implant that has folded on itself as it deflated.

+1

If you are experiencing a deflation with your saline breast implants you should follow up with your surgeon.  Also check if you purchased a warranty with the manufacturer of your implants.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Deflated Saline Implant

+1

See your surgeon--this is not an emergency, but should be done as soon as possible. If you get your implant replaced early, it will be a simple procedure. After a time the capsule that formed around the implant will shrink and that will have to be dealt with making the operation longer and more complex.

As far as what you are feeling, the description is not enough for me to hazard a guess, but your surgeon should be able to after an exam. Best wishes.

Implant deflation

+1

You should be seen by your plastic surgeon to determine if you have a deflation and get recommendations for treatment

Michael Hueneke, MD

Implant deflation

+1
You should return to your plastic surgeon for followup. Typically, I send patients for sonograms to confirm that a deflation has occurred. Then you can establish a plan of action, which would involve removal and replacement of the implant. Discuss with your surgeon what the implant warranty will cover in terms of the replacement surgery and facility fee.

Robert L. Kraft, MD