Deflated Look After Mini Tummy Tuck and Liposuction?

I had a Mini Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, muscle repair (no drains) 2/13/09. I am 5'6" 118 lbs before and after tx. I am concerned about my results.

My PS said I developed seromas but keep in mind that he used NO drains PO (post op) on me and I was aspirated 3 times PO.

He said the seromas are the reason for my "deflated balloon look". Is it too soon to talk revision? If it is, when can I have the revision done?

Full or mini tummy tuck?

+1

In my opinion, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.

It is important to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve your chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Revision mini tummy tuck

+1

If you will need a revision, it is a bit early to do so. You have to let things heal. This may take up to a year.

Revision after mini-tummy tuck

+1

I would recommend that you wait one full year from the time of your surgery to have a revision of a tummy tuck. The main reason is to ensure the blood supply to the abdominal skin and tissue has normalized and to prevent any would healing complications. Also, this time allows the scar tissue to fully mature and soften, making a revision technically easier to perform. Make sure you are examined by a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to determine if you are in fact a candidate for a revision, and what type of result can be realistically achieved.

William Bruno, MD

Probably too early to consider Mini Tummy Tuck revision

+1

This sounds reasonable. However, you did not specify where you are in the recovery process? IF you are 1-3 weeks after surgery, then it is definitely too early to consider revision. IF you are 3 weeks to 3 month, it may be too early. IF you are more than 3 -4 months and the skin is loose, then a revision may be required.