Deflated D, Will Implants Alone Correct This? (photo)

I was born with low-set breasts have a narrow frame 5'7" 128lbs and wear a 34D, but don't fill out the cup anymore. I am in my mid 30s and no kids but over time my skin lost elasticiy and working out/lifting isn't helping. I don't want scars from a lift and was told by a couple PS that i'm boarderline for a lift, but my nipple position is good and a lift won't benefit me enough. will just a 425cc saline under muscle be beneficial and fill out my upper pole? or will this just make me sag more?

Breast Augmentation and Lift for Low-set breast

+1
Thanks for your question and the photos.  Achieving good results with low-set or slightly sagging breasts is a common issue for plastic surgeons and patients.  I think that based on your photos and your description of losing elasticity that you would be happiest with a lift and implants.  These issues are always best determined by in person consult to assess tissue quality and have appropriate measurements.  In general when there is a loss of good skin elasticity and a significant portion of the lower breast tissue and skin is below the breast crease I recommend performing a lift with the implants for optimal breast shape and aesthetics.  In my practice I believe the lift incisions always heal very nicely, and my patient's agree that great breast shape and fullness is worth the extra incisions.  I hope this helps.

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

I think you'll be happier with a breast lift and an implant

+1

thank you for your question and photographs. While you certainly can have breast augmentation with breast implants alone from your photographs my guess is that you will feel like you are sagging more after your breast implants that you've do now.

Of course an in person examination is required, but based on your photographs I believe a breast lift and a small breast implant placed beneath the muscle will give you a nice result.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast Lift for Glandular Ptosis

+1

Although your nipple position is not bad, your breast gland is absolutely ptotic. That is, the lower pole of your breast sits well inferior to your inframammary fold. This will not be corrected with an implant alone.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

To lift or not to lift...

+1

Good morning!

While it is always difficult to diagnose with photos, from what I can see I would recommend a breast lift.  Implnats alone will not give you a perkier, bouncier look- they will only make you bigger.  Your breasts will still reside lower on your chest wall.

If you were my patient, I would recommend a breast lift with an augmentation.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD

Mastopexy

+1

Hello. Judging by your pictures it looks like your nipples are lower you’re your inframammary fold. If this is the case I would definitely recommend a lift along with your implants. A consultation would definitely be helpful in determining your best option as it is hard to determine based on pictures alone.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Breast lift?

+1

I think that just looking at your photos you may need a lift.  Your arms are elevated in the photos and your breasts looks like they are sagging.  An exam in person is key.

Deflated D, Will Implants Alone Correct This?

+1

Reviewing the posted photos I believe you will needed a lift. But you can try a larger implant first operation to see if that satisfies you. 

How Much Lift Will a Breast Implant Provide

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Your best advice is with an in person consultation, but from your pictures it is unlikely that you would have an improved appearance with implants alone.  I think you would merely have bigger breasts that are more subject to gravity, hence too low.  You would also be unlikely to get a pretty shape from an implant alone. It is an idea that sounds better than it is likely to turn out. You need a breast lift with or without implants.  Using an implant to raise nipple position usually leads to disappointment over time. Get another opinion from an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Is breast lift needed with breast implants?

+1

As your arms are lifting in the photo, its hard to establish your exact nipple position.  If the nipple is indeed not positioned too low, you could have a good result with implants alone without a lift.  If a lift is indicated, it may be able to be done as a mini-lift with minimal scarring.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Necessary?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Understanding that precise advice would required direct examination and a full communication of your goals, I think that you will be better off with a breast lift as well as breast augmentation surgery. Even with your arms elevated in the photographs,  it is clear that your breasts do demonstrate some degree of breast ptosis ( drooping).

It will be important for you to do your due diligence and select your plastic surgeon carefully. Doing so will improve the odds that the correct diagnosis is made and the best recommendations are made to you. For example, if you undergo a breast augmentation surgery only, chances are you will be disappointed and require additional surgery in the relatively near future.

As you know,   one of the downsides associated with breast lifting surgery is the necessity of additional incisions/scars.  For some patients the necessity of additional scars is a “dealbreaker” ; for these patients it is better to avoid breast surgery altogether.

On the other hand, many patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

Again, be careful with your decision-making.

Best wishes