Deflaction Caudal Septum - How is Difficult to Correct It? (photo)

I'm 2 months post-op (open rhinoplasty) and really dissatisfied with the result. Before my columella was ok and my nostrils were symmetric... My doc said the problem is my bad scarring, but the columella is not straight! I want to look for a second opinion because he wants only to revise the columella skin and not the septum. How many month do I have to wait and how difficult is to fix the problem? Thanks in advance.

Deviation of Septum

+2

The pictures do show that you will need a revision but wait another 8-10 months until healing has progressed. At one year post-op your surgeon can described what needs to be done and the complexity of the surgery.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Your decision to get a second opinion is justified. Make sure you wait close to a year for the revision surgery. Be very careful in undergoing the revision because you only want to do it once.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

The photos show a difference but you will have to wait a full year before undergoing a revision. Sorry.

Deflaction Caudal Septum - How is Difficult to Correct It?

+1

What happened??? Your before looks like an after. Best to obtain IN PERSON second opinions. Sorry for the poor result. 

Fixing a crooked caudal septum can be tricky

+1

This can be a straightforward "fix" or complex. You can't always tell until surgery. However since it's related or following previous surgery, I usually wait a full year for things to settle before going back to do any further changes.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Deflection Caudal Septum - How is Difficult to Correct It?

+1

The caudal aspect of your nose can be improved, but it will require repositioning of the caudal septum.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA