Is this normal swelling under arm area after a BR/BL or could it be fat? (Photo)

I had a BL/BR 3wks ago along with a tummy tuck revision. Both sides of my breast under the part seem to be swollen. It looks like my breast rap around towards my back area where the incisions end..Is that normal swelling or could that be fat? I did not have any lipo done with my procedure..should I be concerned?

Mommy makeover aftercare

+1
After a mommy makeover, it takes time for the implants to settle (if you got implants) and it takes time for the swelling to resolve. This can take up to 6 months so I don't usually recommend any revisions for that time. Specific questions about problems with the surgery are usually best directed to the plastic surgeon who performed your surgery. Thanks for your question!

Swelling after breast lift and augmentation

+1
thank you for your mommy make-over question.
The swelling at the side after your breast reduction/breast lift looks like normal post-operative swelling.
Have your surgeon check you at your next visit to discuss how long until it subsides. best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Lateral swelling after a breast reduction

+1
It appears that this is just swelling in the lateral portion of your breast.  Your overall breast shape looks good. Given time this will shape up as well.

Lateral postoperative swelling after a mastopexy.

+1
My best guess is that this is swelling in the lateral area the breast that will improve as the overall breast mound redraped. It looks as though You have gotten  a good result so far.

Great Result

+1
I would wait 3 months before making any decisions on the final result but the photos appear to demonstrate an excellent starting point. 
There is some lateral fullness to each breast that is not aesthetically displeasing; rather, it appears quite normal. 
There is always some axillary fat related to longstanding drooping breasts. The best way to correct this is an extended incision towards the underarm at the time of breast reduction. If this is not done, and the area is still prominent, liposuction can be performed at a 3 month interval. But in conclusion I think you look great. 

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative swelling and timing.

+1
At 3 weeks, it is far too early to determine whether you have simple swelling or residual fat. Either way it is something to address with your surgeon at your next followup appointment. Although photos can help, nothing replaces an exam.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

At just 3 weeks you are in very early healing phases

+1
You are very early in healing phase and any swelling is just due to that.   When you are at 4 to 6 months this should be all gone.  If not gone then other causes can be entertained.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Is this normal swelling under arm area after a BR/BL or could it be fat?

+1
At 3 weeks still to early to tell if excess swelling or a residual dog ear deformity. What does your PS say?