DeepFX After Facial Plastic Surgery

Can you have DeepFX if you had facial plastic surgery five years ago?

DeepFX is a great surgery add-on

+2

DeepFX, a fractional, deep carbon dioxide laser is a great way to improve the results obtained with surgery.

Procedures such as facelifts, blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, brow lifts, mentoplasty, etc. tend to lift skin and rejuvenate the deepest structures of the face, such as fat, bone, and muscle. This leaves the surface of the skin unchanged in most cases. Lifted skin does not always equal more youthful skin. A laser resurfacing procedure like DeepFX or even better, TotalFX which combines the deep and superficial skin tightening will make the cosmetic result even more stunning.

This type of laser resurfacing can be done at the same time as facial surgery or at a different time. Many of my patients choose to do this at the same time so they can share the downtime of both procedures. After DeepFX, you should expect to have 4-7 days of redness and crusting. The improvement in skin tightening, thickness, and wrinkle reduction will occur over 6 months, but many of the benefits are seen quickly.

Rochester Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fractionated CO2 + Facial Plastic Surgery = Great Results!

+1

Dear Rogge,

Absolutely. In my practice, we educate our patients to optimize their facial health. Clearly, you are advocating for your best facial health in maintaining and optimizing the results of your prior surgery. Fractionated CO2 works in a complimentary way to facial surgery. The CO2 treats the surface and facial surgery addresses the contour. Sounds like you are covering your bases for great facial health. Best of Luck to you and enjoy!

Sincerely,

Dr. Bassichis

p.s. Don't forget about sunscreen and great skin care.

Benjamin Bassichis, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deep FX after facial plastic surgery

+1

Previous facial plastic surgery should not prevent you from a future Deep FX treatment. Deep FX is an excellent treatment for facial rejuvenation and for the treatment of scars and acne scars, and my patients have been extremely satisfied with the results. My advice would be to find a surgeon who has an Ultra Pulse laser, and schedule a consultation to see if this would be a good treatment for you. Good luck.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon