Options For Deep Wrinkles in Front of Ears?

Hello, I am 41 years old, with fair freckly skin. I am concerned with the degree of wrinkling that I have around my eyes and forehead, but the wrinkles that really bother me the most are the deep static ones that have formed in front of my ears. What is the best way to get rid of these ones: fillers? Fractional CO2 ? a series of tca peels? or go for some form of facelift? Cheers Rose

+1

Photos, of your face, would help the evaluation.  If you have wrinkles without excess skin or jowls skin resurfacing with a chemical peel or Laser might be the answer.  If however, there is loose skin or jowls present, IMHO, a minimal incision Face Lift that can be performed in 90 minutes, or less would seem the most likely to accomplish your Goals.  The foreahead and Crow's feet wrinkles should respond to neurotoxin injections of Botox, Dysport or Xeomin.

Best options for deep wrinkles in front of ears

+1

Hi,

It is difficult to advise without photos. But, botox would greatly improve wrinkles around eyes and on forehead. Please re-submit question with pictures. Thank you, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lines in front of the ears

+1

Great question. You obviously know this is the area where we make the incision for a facelift so it tends to yield extremely well. Without a photograph it is hard to be definite in giving advice but it is possible that a simple excision of nothing but skin in the area would solve the problem. If the lines are that deep they will probably not be improved with peel or laser treatments. Good luck.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Deep wrinkles that don't move

+1

Thank you for your question.  It's difficult to say without a photo.  Make sure you get a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon. It is probably a good idea to get 2-3 opinions.

For deep inset wrinkles that don't move, direct excision and closure is sometimes the best option if you typically scar well.

For more shallow wrinkles...fillers, resurfacing with a Laser, chemical peel or Dermabrasion may work. It depends on your level of skin pigmentation. You said fair and freckly.

Ask a lot of questions to your surgeon(s) and contemplate your options.  Feel confident when you make your final decision and good luck.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

CO2 laser vs. face lift

+1

You're basically looking a fractional CO2 or a mini face lift for deeper lines in this area.  I would go with the CO2 laser first.  

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for deep wrinkles

+1

From the sounds of things you have some degree of sun damage to your skin which results in wrinkles. Wrinkles are usually a quality of skin issue rather than a quantity of skin issue. The only way to improve the quality of your skin is with some form of resurfacing. Most TCA peels don't resurface deep enough to have much effect on wrinkles so your best bet would likely be fractionated CO2 resurfacing. Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon