What Can I Do About Deep Wrinkles Around Sides of Mouth?

I am 64 ex heavy smoker/drinker/partyperson have deep lines at and below corners of mouth. Anything other than surgery than can alleviate most of them? I cannot find a photo that emphasizes these lines, but they are there--believe me.

+1

Thank you for your question. There are few treatments to help with lines on our face such as laser resurfacing or fillers or both to get the best result.  I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Hello

+1

There is filler that can be filled into your nasal labial fold to help. You can do restalyne, juverderm and even sculptra. It all depends to what doctor you go to every doctor has their own idea.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Deep wrinkles at the corners of the mouth are best treated with fillers

+1
If your winkles are very deep then generally the best treatment is with Restylane, Perlane, or Juvederm.  That should correct those deep areas around the corner of the mouth.  It should generally last for six to nine months.

Michele S. Green, MD

Lines around mouth

+1

Jeannie, Lines such as the ones that I think that you are explaining almost always do well with fillers. The best filler for you will depend on exactly where he lines are and how deep they are. This should be a simple procedure. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Treatments for deep wrinkles at sides of mouth

+1

There are a few options for treatments of deep lines at the sides of the mouth.  If these lines are the ones that go down from the corners of the mouth, they are frequently called marionette folds or lines.  Surgery sometimes is an option to improve these.  The other option would be to use a filler.  There are several different fillers that can be used and potentially be injected under and/or around the wrinkle or fold to improve it.  It would be worthwhile to consult with a doctor that does these treatments to see if you are a good candidate or not.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon