Deep Wrinkles and Dark Bags Under Eyes at 17? (photo)

I've had these since I was about 12.Sleeping more won't help.This picture was taken after a 10hr sleep.I tried many at home treatments and some creams.Id like to know, what surgical procedure would best help? But for now(I can't afford surgery ATM) what non surgical treatments would give a temporary result and how much would it cost?Do I need parent consent? Thank you! 

Treating under eye dark circles and hollows

+3

Hello Sprocket,

Dark under eye circles generally come from three factors:

1. Actual pigmented skin-treatment for this issue is difficult. People have tried skin peels, lasers, etc. with minimal to no success.

2. Increased vasculature-microscopic small veins impart a purpleish hue. Again, this can be very difficult to treat. Both 1 and 2. above are often genetic in nature and neither sleep, nutrition nor exercise can completely reverse this condition. I should mention that you do not have any bags based on your photographs. You have the following:

3. actual topographical hollowing. Consider this like a groove or a ditch in the landscape. This creates shadows and therefore adds to any darkening which may be caused by 1 or 2 above. adding a filler will be the treatment for this. You can either choose a temporary or a permanent one. Among the former are hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane® or Belotero® and among the latter would be either Artefil® or fat transfer(Which is an actual surgical procedure)..

Dark Under Eye Circles

+2

I would recommend an injectable for now, as it is cheaper and has no recovery period. Radiesse might be a good choice for you (but only in very experienced hands) because the white color darkens the skin from underneath. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Dark under eye circles, deep wrinkles

+2

Retinoic acid applied daily and a deep peel will improve dark under eye circles.

Fillers injected below the eyelids will decrease the hollow and diminish the dark shadows.  Caution should be exercised when injecting into the eyelid skin as this usually results in bumps or bulges. Please consult with a Board Certified Allergist or Plastic Surgeon in person prior to making any treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Under Eye Bags at Young Age

+2

Hi Sprocket.  We would suggest Restylane injections.  With young patients, it is not an issue of age or sleep, but rather genetics.  Your facial structure is one in which the under eye area is sunken and has a darker appearance because of your natural skin tone.

Our tear trough injections cost $650 and last about 1 year.  It can help add volume under the eyes.  Take a look at the link below for more information and pictures.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD