How Deep Should Perlane Be Injected for Cheeks?

i had it injected and am now discoloured she says it was injected mid way and some superficial for the line connecting from eye to cheek. i thought filler was suposed to be done deep under the muscle or over the bone for a natural result. i had juvederm ultra last time and results were perfect, and very` natural, the doc went deep under muscle. please advice someone?

Perlane and injection technique

+1

Without first seeing a photo of what you are referring to and knowing how much product was injected, it is very difficult to answer your question. If you are experiencing bruising (discoloring), this will resolve. If you liked the Juvederm correction, I would consider going back to that next time.

How deep should Perlane be?

+1

Greetings~

Perlane is actually indicated for injection into the deep dermis and superficial subcutis...placement below the muscle or on the bone is common but not actually the approved plane for injection.  For the tear trough area, we more commonly use Restylane.  This area can be difficult for an injector who is not experienced, and even sometimes in experienced hands the results are not ideal or as good as we hope. The tissue is obviously quite thin and can easily appear discolored.  The same results could have occured with Juvederm.  If you are unhappy with the results, the great news about the HA tissue fillers like Perlane is that they can be simply and quickly dissolved with hyaluronidase. 

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens      

Web reference: http://marinaplasticsurgery.com

Depth of Perlane injection

+1

I typically will inject Perlane in the deep dermal plane, but this is mostly in the nasolabial folds and marionette lines. When I inject Perlane in the cheeks, I will inject it deeper. It sounds like you may have been injected in the tear trough; while I do inject deep (under the muscle) in this location, I do not use Perlane in this area. I strongly believe that Restylane is much better in this area.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perlane and injection

+1

I usually place Perlane pretty deep in the soft tissue for volume enehancement in the cheeks, but will go more superficial in the nasolabial folds into the deep dermis or superficial subcutaneous space.

It’s important to be treated by an injectable specialist who will know how deep to inject

+1

Perlane can be injected on the bone, in the skin or under the skin. It’s important to be treated by an injectable specialist who will know how deep to inject according to what is needed to achieve the desired results.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Perlane

+1
Perlane is normally injected in the deep fatty layer. Injecting under the muscle depends on the location, but it is considered an off label use. The tear trough is an area that is often injected below the muscle but not with Perlane as it would provide too much swelling / volume for this location.