Can You Go Too Deep with a Peel?

I recently applied a 25% TCA peel, and feel like I went too deep for some parts of my face on near my cheeks. I am halfway through my peel with my forehead to go, but I have very red parts of my face I feel went too deep. I have put ointment on these parts which makes it feel better. Will this go away after a few days, or did I make a mistake?

TCA peel depth

+1

This strength TCA should only be used by a trained physician.  Even a much lower strength TCA can cause a very deep peel depending on the type and thickness of skin and how it is applied.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

TCA Peel

+1

That is too high a concentration for you to be doing yourself at home.  Please seek a professional to do your  TCA peels before you have irreversible results.

Kimberly Lee, MD

TCA peels

+1
You can go too deep whenever you are performing a peel which is why you should not be doing it. Please leave this stuff to professionals. Please see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Albert Dabbah, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon