Deep Orbital Sub-q Restylane for Under Eye Hollowness?

Have any of the Doctors heard of this procedure for Low eyelid Hollowiness: Deep Orbital Sub-Q Restylane for Hollowiness. It sounds good.

Under eye hollow and restylane

+1

Restylane is a great product to use on the under eye hollows.  It is very easliy molded and works nicely.

Under eye hollows filler treatment

+1

Under eye hollows, AKA tear troughs, can be filled with Hyaluronic acid . Juvederm & Restylane can both be used. Restylane sub-Q is available only overseas, not in USA. I just attended a workshop in Paris where a new cannula is used to inject the resylane in the sub-orbital hollows with excellent results. If done properly, the results are great. I have yet to use the cannula technique. However, results are excellent with restylane / perlane, or Juvederm. The procedure needs an experienced dermatologist/plastic surgeon/ophthalmologist to attain such results & avoid potential complications.

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane for under eye hollows

+1

Fillers can be injected for the tear trough and the adjacent deep sockets as long as the area is below the level of the rim of the orbital bone. In this zone, the filler is injected underneath the muscle.  I have seen patients treated elsewhere who have been unhappy with fillers for the lower eyelids had their fillers injected too close to the eyelash margin where the filler is above the muscle and it looks obvious and lumpy.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Sub-Q Restylane is not approved in the United States

+1

Restylane is good for the under eye hollows.  Did I say good?  I mean it is the greatest thing since sliced toast. Now any needle jockey can inject any product.  Making the lower eyelid look good takes considerable anatomic knowledge, experience and an artistic eye.

Because the lower eyelid skin is exceptionally thin hiding the filler treatment is the trick.  Restylane Sub-Q is thick and known to form lumps and bumps.  It is a poor choice for filling the under eye area.  For the same reason Perlane is also not ideal.  However, Restylane is much more foregiving than either of these fillers.  For this reason it is the preferred filler for the under eye area.  

Restylane Sub-Q is unlikely to ever gain approval in the United States related to the relatively high risk of lumps and bumps associated with its use.

Restylane deep under eyes corrects hollows and tear trough.

+1

Hi.

Restylane under the eyes is a very successful way to treat hollowness without surgery and we do this a lot.  It also makes any bags much less obvious.

But good technique and knowing the anatomy are really important here. Restylane must be injected deeply as you say (under the muscle, not subcutaneously) and in tiny amounts to avoid lumps.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Yes, it looks great *if done properly*

+1

Deep subcutenous (actually right on the periosteum) injection of Restylane looks great for treatment of a deep tear trough under the eye.  It is a subtle effect, but it blunts a deep tear trough, which otherwise can give a very tired look.  The injection should only be done medial to the mid-pupillary line, or very very small amounts lateral to that.

Trouble is, I have seen patients who 1) had too much injected, 2)had it injected too superficially, 3) had it injected too laterally... all of which can result in under eye puffiness, 'blue blebs,' or a lumpy look.  All not good.  So conservative treatment by a physician experienced in this technique yields a very nice result. 

Make sure not to take any ibuprofen or aspirin for a few days prior to the procedure; this area bruises easily.

Anne Marie McNeill, MD, PhD
Newport Beach Dermatologist