Deep Muscle Lines from Smoking?

I am 30 and have always smoked, I quit two years ago. last year I had some sun damage resulting in melasma. Im slowly getting the melasma under control but have noticed very deep dents in the moutashe area. They appear to be my pout lines towards the corners of my mouth. They show even when Im not pouting and dissapear if I strech this area or puff it up. I have no fine lines here. Im wondering if I can do any exercises to relax or lessen the look of these smokers dents? Should I get them filled?

Muscle lines from smoking

+1

For smoker's lines, a combination of a small amount of Botox, with or without a superficial filler such as restylane fine lines or juvederm ultra can be great options for you. Ofcourse, stop smoking, don't sip from a straw, and wear sunscreen! Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Smoker's Lines

+1

Usually the best approach for these lines is a combination of treatments.  Small amounts of botox can be very beneficial especially if combined with either laser treatments or a superficial filler (Juevederm or Belotero).  Of course it goes without saying that you need to avoid smoking and use a good broad spectrum sunscreen every day.  Hope that helps.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon