Deep Undereye Lines After Botox

I had Botox around the eyes 10 days ago. But when I smile, I get accentuated deep lines under both eyes over the cheek bone that I've never had before. There are also some residue lines leading off that have not been captured by the Botox. This makes it look as though my eye area is very tight and shallow and my cheeks swollen. I am told this cannot be corrected. Is this true as I have never seen this on other people? I can't attach a picture at present.

Under eye lines after Botox

+1

WIthout a photo or an exam it is difficult to say what exactly is bothering you and how if anything there is to correct it. I would suggest talking with your doctor.

Deep Under Eye Lines After Botox

+1

Hi Marie,

Sorry for the unsatisfactory Botox results. You should share your concerns with your injecting physician who best knows how much and where the Botox was placed.

The physician may or may not be able to correct your problem at this time. You should make sure that both your physician and you know exactly where and how much Botox was injected so that the exercise will not ever be repeated.

I hope that you recover quickly. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Under eye lines after Botox are reversible

+1

I am trying to get a mental picture of your concern, but I am not sure.

First, the Botox is temporary, so even if you hate it, it is reversible, and no permanent damage has been done. I would recommend discussion with your doctor. Nothing better for reassurance than evaluation from the person you trusted to do your therapy. He may be able to supplement the Botox and take care of the untreated areas, or balance the areas that resulted in the disatisfaction.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Botox affects the balance of the facial muscles.

+1

The facial muscles are in balance. When Botox is injected, the goal is to achieve a new, enhanced balance. Sometimes, Botox is too effective. If you had fairly significant wrinkles and lines around your eyes and had Botox injected into the crow's feet, then there is a chance that the transition zone is accentuating your other periorbital lines. Additionally, you still have active midface muscles which, when they contract, will cause the lines. You should not have Botox injected into these muscles, as it will affect movement of your upper lip and smile. You should find out how much Botox was injected into your crow's feet and have less injected next time. If you provide a picture, we may be able to give you more specific advice. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD