I have a deep line between my eyes. How many units would that need approx?

Appropriate Dysport dosage to treat glabellar lines

+1
A typical starting dose to fully treat the line between your eyes, in the area referred to as the glabella, is 50 units.  The best dose is determined by the size and strength of your corrugator muscles, since the Dysport works by relaxing these muscles.  You may need additional dosage if you have particularly strong muscles.  

Dyport units in brow

+1

There are several muscles that contract and create the crease in between your brows.  A minimum of 50 Dysport units is needed to get a good result though the amount varies based on the amount of movement, size of muscles, and need for brow shape control.  Dysport is a wonderful alternative to Botox and in my practice they are both popular to improve brow lines, brow shape, and to create a browlift.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

How many units needed between the brows

+1

The number of units need between the brow is hard to say, it depends on the strength of your muscle, goals, age, gender etc. Best to have an experienced physician such as a dermatologist assess you. For Botox, typically 24-36 units for a female between 25-40. The dysport dose is typically 3 times the amount.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Adequate dosage for Glabellar lines

+1

To treat the Glabellar you will need a minimum of 50 units for Dysport and a minimum of 20 units for Botox, both of these products work on relaxing the muscles so the skin has time to soften, If the lines are too deep you may need a filler to help soften it completely .

Darryl J. Hodgkinson, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Line between the eyes

+1

I generally use a minimum of 20 units of Botox or 60 units of Dysport in the area between the eyes (glabella). These injectables will help inhibit the contractions of the muscles for a smoother look. However, if you have “a deep line” between the eyes I also recommend adding some filler to those lines to improve the depression. If you just fill the line without the toxin the muscle contraction will break down the filler very quickly. The combination of the two will give the best longest lasting result. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if these options will work for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Dsyport for vertical line

+1

Dysport should improve but may not erase this line,

Depending on the line, your skin and underlying muscle, and the dilution your doctor uses, you would need something between 12 - 60 units of Dysport.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Deep line between eyes

+1

Dysport (and Botox) work on dynamic lines - those that are caused when the muscles move and constrict. If you have a static line - one that is there whether you are moving your face or not, Dysport (and Botox) may help to soften this, but it will not go away entirely and it will take a good amount of time to notice changes. Consult a board-certified injector in your area for a proper consultation and to determine if this is even the right procedure for your desired outcome. A combination of Dysport and filler may be more appropriate.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD