Solution for Deep Lateral Creases Where Cheek and Under Eye Area Meet?

I have deep lateral creases where my cheek and under eye area meet when I smile. Is there anything I can do to puff out the creases or fill the gap between the two areas?

I am 36 and over time the creases are growing deeper. The lateral lines run from the start of my eye to the end of my eye/upper cheek area. The creasing under both eyes runs full length across my under eye and top cheek area.

Also due to the creasing when I smile, I now have lines/wrinkles (not creases) even when I am not smiling.

Treatment of cheek eyelid junction creases

+2

It sounds like the line or crease is a dynamic one i.e. caused by muscle motion. If you treat these early usually Botox injections will suffice. If you wait until they are present even when the muscle is not activated/moving botox alone may not be enough. Then you would need to add a filler and/or a surgical procedure. Without a face to face examination or photos I cannot say what stage of this process you are currently in or what surgical procedure if any would be appropriate.

Cosmetic dermal fillers for cheek lines and wrinkles

+1

This is a common concern for most women in your age group. As time passes, we begin to see the malar (cheek) muscle shift downward. This then leaves a groove from the separation between the lower eye and cheek areas.

By using cosmetic dermal fillers such as Restylane, Radiesse, or Juvederm, we are able to restore volume, structure, and support. With the correct techniques, we are able to improve topography by providing a more smooth transition. These treatments are usually performed within 30-45 mintues and provide a very satisfying outcome.

Please refer to the below link for further information and photos.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD