I Have Deep Glabella Lines Between my Eyes. Will Juvedurm Work Without Botox?

Deep Glabellar Lines need Botox AND Filler

+1

In my experience, deep glabellar lines that are present even if you are not frowning will likely need BOTH botox and fillers.  The good news is that they work synergistically together-- botox helps make the filler last longer!  

Botox is much safer in this area-- it is FDA approved specifically for this indication.  It is simple, easy, with minimum to no downtime.  So I would suggest Botox first.  Botox will address the "dynamic" aspect of the lines-- the fact that hyperactive muscles are causing the lines to form.  It will soften them quite dramatically but I always tell my patients that if they have lines even if they are not actively using the muscles, those lines will likely still be there after botox.

After two weeks, a filler like juvederm will help fill in the depressed wrinkle.  Remember, this is an advance technique-- there have been rare reports of skin ulcers from filler used in this area, so please go to a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced in this technique.  

Good Luck!

Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Lines between the eyes. Botox vs. Juvederm

+1

In this area, Botox is my first line of defense.  We wait two weeks to see the effects and then follow with filler if needed.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Botox/Filler combo works

+1
Botox first, then 2 weeks later the filler. This way you let the Botox take full effect, so that you may not need as much filler. Also it doesn't make much sense to do fillers alone because you are ignoring the muscles that created the lines in the first place.

Daniel J. Ladd Jr., DO
Austin Dermatologist

Somewhat

+1

Whether Juvederm would work in the glabellar area would depend on the depth of the lines. If they are superficial Juvederm will work. However, even in this circumstance, Botox will work better. It relaxes the muscles that cause these lines. Juvederm is usually used to complement the Botox injections rather than to replace them.

If Juvederm is placed there be sure your injector is an experienced physician. If the injections are too deep, dire consequences may result. Such as embolism of the material into the Retinal artery causing blindness or compression of the vasulature caused necrosis.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

I Have Deep Glabella Lines Between my Eyes. Juvedurm Work Without Botox.

+1

Very hard to answer because you failed to post a photo. So my guess is not really because you are only addressing the depression in the dermis not the muscular action on the "11's". That is treated by the Botox injections. Seek in person opinions. 

Deep glabella line

+1

I usually start off with Botox and see how it works.  If the line is still prominent, I may consider a filler like Juvaderm or Perlane. But this is used off-label.

Can Glabella wrinkles be treated Only with Juvederm Without Botox?

+1

Regarding: "I Have Deep Glabella Lines Between my Eyes. Will Juvedurm Work Without Botox? "

Juvederm FILLS the tissue void under wrinkles and lifts them while Botox weakens the muscles whose contractions cause the wrinkles. Placing Juvederm under the glabella wrinkles will smooth them somewhat but muscle contractions will squeeze it out like a fist squeezing a tube of tooth paste. That is why we combine the treatments; to weaken the muscle, smooth the wrinkle and prolong the effect

Dr. Peter Aldea

Juvederm for glabella

+1

a filler such as Juvederm or Restylane can fill then lines between the eyebrows without Botox, but the Juvederm may last longer if Botox minimizes the muscle movement, and Botox is the treatment of choice before the fillers for this area. Care must be taken to not inject too much material of the filler because of risk of ulceration in this area.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Improvement will be more noticeable with both

+1

There is a synergy of benefits with neuromodulation with Botox and Dysport (to relax the lines) and dermal fillers like Juvederm and Restylane (to replace lost or damaged collagen). Using both will make the filler work much better and longer. This has been proven in clinical studies. Good Luck.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Juvederm plus Botox for complete result on deep lines

+1

The cause of the deep furrows that develop between the eyebrows is muscle hyperactivity, so the first logical step is usually Botox. Juvederm and other fillers help  with lines that are 'etched" into the skin, so they are most often done with Botox for that specific area. Juvederm alone can help in some cases but it doesn't address the underlying problem completely.

Richard Baxter, MD