Deep FX for Tightening Under Chin Area?

I am scheduled for the Deep FX. I am concerned about the area under my chin. Will Deep FX tighten that area, or should I have Smart Lipo under the chin are as well? Thanks.

Ultherapy vs. Laser for neck and chin tightening - Los Angeles

+1

My treatment of choice for tightening of the chin area would be the Ultherapy technology. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Deep Fx not effective for loose chin skin

+1
Fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing under the chin will be very unpredictable at best. First you must establish if the blunting or fullness under the chin is from increased fat, skin laxity, or platysmal bands. Sometimes it is a combination of the 3 causes. Each cause requires a different treatment. Liposuction for increased fat, platysmaplasty for platysmal bands and extended neck lift for loose skin. If the cause is loose skin and the skin looseness is very very mild, lipo will sometimes work by creating scarring that anhors the skin. I have not seen fractionated DeepFx correct this problem.

Carla R. Retief, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction followed by Fractional CO2 Laser best for chin tightening

+1

Fractional CO2 Laser such as Deep Fx, Mixto, or Fraxel Repair performs admirably for skin resurfacing to reverse prior sun damage, reduce scarring and signs of aging. However, for tightening, the clinical results is not as consistent as we would like. To get the best result from minimally invasive procedures available for chin/neck tightening, one should undergo chin/neck tumescent liposuction followed by Fractional CO2 Laser resurfacing.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon