Treatments for Hyperpigmentation After Deep FX?

I had Deep FX on face, neck and chest. 3 months after, I still have hyperpigmentation rectangle laser marks that look like scales. The chest is discolored. I am not of Middle Eastern or Asian heritage. The topicals prescribed by the MD caused skin to turn red (no discomfort) so I stopped those. What are my options to address the discoloration?

Sun protection, bleaching creams, possible gentle peels

+1
The most important factor is SPF used frequently, sun protection (ie Cover up), and a bleaching cream such as Lytera or if you can get it- Hydroquinone.
The other trick we use are very gentle chemical peels, something like TCA 10-15% at highest. You may need 2-3 treatments.

Given time grids and rectangulation will settle in the majority of patients- up to 6-9 months.

Cheers

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and Cosmetic Dermatologist
Brisbane and Gold Coast
AUSTRALIA

Brisbane Dermatologist

Treatment of hyperpigmentation with Melarase - Los Angeles

+1

I have seen patients from other clinics present with hyperpigmentation and would begin early treatment with Melarase and Melapads. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Bleach Cream and some Time

+1

Hello,  I have seen this happen with the Deep FX laser.  It is dependent on the strength used.  The setting may have been perfect, and this could still occur.  Topical belaching creams are useful.  If that is what you already got, I would suggest cutting back on the frequency you are doing it.  For example, if you put it on every night, then do it 3 times a week instead.  That will minimize the redness and irritation.  I have found that in every instance where we have seen this, the pigmentation has resolved, but it does take time.  Keep at it!

Lisa Benest, MD
Burbank Dermatologist