Deep FX for Dark Circles?

My doctor have informed me that Deep FX can eliminate dark circles. Is that true?

May or may not work...

+1
Dr William Ting has nailed the answer and I agree... dark circles are multifactorial- namely there are many causes, including sun damage, loss of volume, wrinkles, and skin laxity and genetic. A close examination is needed, and the aetiology (cause) of dark circles need to be addressed.

If skin laxity is the issue, I often address this with Fractional CO2 (I usually use erbium laser first, then Fractional), plus fillers- fillers can only address 30-40% of the problem.

Other treatments for dark circles (especially in ethinic skin types) is Q switch 1064 laser- you need internal eye shield for this.

I hope this gives people insight into the difficulty of treating 'dark circles'. Many causes equates to many solutions.

Regards

Dr Davin S. Lim
Laser and Cosmetic Dermatologist
Brisbane and Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA

Brisbane Dermatologist

Dark circle treatment requires a multimodal approach

+1
Dark circles around the eyes is a multifactorial problem that involves textural changes due to deposition of hemosiderin/bilirubin (breakdown products of red blood cells), sun exposure, dry skin, hyperactive orbicularis oculi muscles, loss of volume along tear trough areas, and/or excess skin laxity. To effectively address the etiologies of your dark circles, you should be evaluated by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. There are some creams that can be helpful to minimize hemosiderin deposition, dry skin as well as to reverse prior sun damage. In the hands of an experienced physician injector, hyperactive orbicularis oculi muscles can be treated by botulinum toxin (Botox or Dysport) and loss of volume may be addressed by hyaluronic acid injection (Restylane or Juvederm) along the tear trough areas. Textural changes and mild skin laxity can be improved with Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing. However, to flat out state that "Deep Fx can eliminate dark circles" may set you up for an unrealistic expectation unless your eyelids are fully evaluated by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon