I Am Having a Deep FX Around my Mouth & Lower Face. Will I Have a Pink Circle for 1-2 Months?

Post Deep FX Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. Depending on your medical history, age, skin type, settings used, and healing will determine your skin response.  About 80% will heal in 2 week.  Some of the side effects do include redness, burn, dryness, and swelling. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for best results and safest treatments.  I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Treatment for pinkness after Deep FX

+1

Pinkness that occurs after laser treatments or chemical peels, is common.  Redness or pinkness that lasts for longer than 2 to 3 weeks needs treatment, because prolonged pinkness can indicate inflammation that is unwanted because that can lead to pigmentation.  If you're pink for a long time and not fading, a topical steroid should be applied for a short period of time and this will hasten the reduction of inflammation and dramatically reduce the pink.  And as we always state, sun screen is an absolute necessity! 

Lee P. Laris, DO
Phoenix Dermatologist

Deep FX laser resurfacing for lip lines

+1

Deep FX laser resurfacing is often done around the mouth for the fine vertical lines that develop with age. Deep FX can produce some of the best skin tightening of any laser. It is often used in conjunction with Active FX which is a more superficial laser that smooths the skin and removes pigmentation. The combination of these is called Total FX. With any of these procedures there is abut 5 to 7 days of downtime when they are used on the powerful settings thatproduce the modt change. There is then a period of one to two weeks during which the skin may be slightly pink but is easily covered with light mineral makeups. Sun protection is also very important at this point. In my office we use a product called Intellishade which combines a sunscreen, moisturizer and light tint and is easy to apply.

William LoVerme, MD

Deep FX around mouth

+1

The pinkness after Deep FX treatment around the mouth usually lasts 5 -14 days depending on the skin type and the settings used for the treatment. After the first 5-6 days a light mineral makeup can be applied.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon