Deep Under Eye Bunching when Smiling, What Are My Options?

I am 39 and becoming depressed about the bunching up under my eyes when I smile ! It's as if my cheek is pushing up the under eye skin but there is no too for it!!

Under eye wrinkles

+1

The skin under the eyes is very susceptible to aging given its thin collagen and elastic fiber layers.  To beginning with make sure you have a good skin care regiment and are sing sunscreen daily.  This will help prevent further damage.  For treatment I have found a combination of laser resurfacing, Botox and fillers can do wonders.

Fraxel & Under Eye Bunching When Smiling

+1

The skin under the eyes is extremely thin and more susceptible to damage than other parts of the face. The damage is really at the level of collagen and elastin fibers beneath the surface. The degradation of these proteins is usually caused by UV radiation from the sun. What you are seeing is that the skin under your eyes has lost much of its firmness and elasticity. And when you smile, it bunches up.

Fraxel lasers work with natural dynamics in your skin to produce new collagen fibers to help correct this damage. Heat is applied to the dermal layer which responds by creating new collagen fibers as an attempt to heal itself. 

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-fraxel-laser/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.