Can Deep Depressions in Butt Fat Be Smoothed?

I know some call it cellulite but that is usually cottage cheese like. I am talking about involuntary "winking" with each step I take. I discovered this in seeing a family video. I was horrified. I am not "fat" either. I call it "lumpy butt" ... Ugh. Any solutions?

Cellulite Buttocks

+1
Cellulite is a very common condition affecting women of all shapes, sizes and colors.
External devices may provide temporary improvement but require several treatments and periodic re-treatments.  The Cellulaze laser is best suited for treatment of the thighs. Treatment of dimples or winks upon motion has not been well studied yet. Fat injections to the buttocks may be the best option for deeper dimples.
Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Cellulite and celulaze

+1

Without seeing a photo or patient in person it is difficult to be certain what is bothering you. That being said, the Cellulaze treatment for cellulite is in my opinion the most effective treatment available for cellulite  and most patients are very happy with the results as long as their expectations are in line with what the procedure can do. Make a consultation with a board certified expert in Cellulaze in your area to find out if Cellulaze would help you. Good luck! Best, Dean Vistnes, M.D.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Best Options to Treat Cellulite

+1

Thank you for your question. There some temporary solutions with Velashape, and Vasershape. These can temporarily help to some extent. Cellulite is from genetics, lifestyle, hormones, and activity level. The Cellulaze has gotten some recent press, but the results we have seen have been mixed. See your Board Certified Dermatologist or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for advice and an assessment. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite is Frustrating

+1

Cellulite is a source of frustration to many female patients: regardless of the level of fitness, some areas of cellulite do not disappear with diet and exercise. With Cellulaze, specific trouble areas (most commonly the buttock and thighs) can be selectively treated with long-term success. Cellulaze has been well-studied and published results exist to evaluate outcomes with several years of follow-up. It is also FDA approved for cellulite treatment, demonstrating safety across a wide range of patient subtypes.

Cellulaze is the most invasive cellulite treatment currently available: an incision is required to pass the small tube (cannula) underneath the skin; nonetheless, it can be performed in a single stage under oral or light IV sedation with minimal pain and a short recovery period.

Cellulaze uses a 1440nm medical grade laser (the same laser used in SmartLipo) to accomplish three technical tasks: 1) melt unwanted pockets of excess fat, 2) break up fibrous bands of tethering (dimples), and 3) tighten the overlying skin by promoting collagen formation.

Seek consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what treatment is right for you.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite treatment

+1

recommend you learn more about Cellulaze - the FDA approved one time definitive treatment for cellulite.  Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Cellulite treatment with endermologie

+1

Depressions in your bottom present at rest- when you are not flexing your gluteal muscles can be filled with your own body fat.  Depressions in your bottom present with walking or flexing your buttock muscles are another story.  Other than learning to walk another way- changing your gait- so to speak, you are out of luck. There are no cosmetic surgery options to correct this type of “lumpy butt”!   However, Endermologie can help to smooth the area and make the cellulite less noticeable.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Deep depressions in the butt fat can be smoothed using the latest technology

+1

In my practice I have used the latest technique for cellulite correction called CelluSmooth for over six months. This, routinely performed under local anesthesia, procedure involves the introduction of a very thin laser fiber under the skin through a very small incision. CelluSmooth, manufactured by Sciton, is the latest laser specifically developed for correction of cellulite. Because of it's unique three step process, by using this technique I am able to correct the depressions, melt the excess fat and shrink the skin.

Web reference: http://www.lorenc.com/cellusmooth/

CELLULITE DIMPLES RESPOND WELL TO A COMBINATION OF SUBCISION AND VOLUMIZERS

+1

The description provided sounds like cellulite, a very common condition for which there is currently no one definitive treatment. Very recently a laser device specifically designated for the treatment of cellulite has come to the marketplace. Unfortunately, I have a very healthy dose of skepticism about the true success of this new product for cellulite therapy..

Much hooplah is often made when a new laser or other energy-based device (radiofrequency, ultrasound) receives FDA clearance. Frequently, the public mistakes such clearance for FDA approval, the way medications require FDA approval before being released into the consumer market. In the case of devices, for the most part, in order to receive FDA clearance, the device needs only to prove that it is safe for use in humans, not that it is necessarily effective for the indication for which it is sold. Device clearance is a relatively short process, unlike the long (very often 9-11 year) process required to bring a new medication to the market. To gain FDA approval, a pharmaceutical agent must not only prove safe for use, but actually must prove efficacy for the indication for which it will be marketed.

So, this may explain why today's newest and "most effective" laser typically gets replaced tomorrow by another laser or device with the same claim. The very fact that a new laser comes to market seemingly every day is enough cause enough for healthy skepticism

The reality is that many of the new devices, when separated from the marketing hype and testimonials of paid physician spokespersons, have proven disappointing to both patients and the treating physicians. Hence, my skepticism about the new laser for cellulite.

When there are fifteen or twenty or so deep cellulite depressions on each buttock (as is likely in this case) or leg, I have obtained  gratifying results using a combination of subcision followed by filling with a volumizing filler, such as Radiesse combined with Perlane L. Under local anesthesia, a sterile needle is inserted and moved around to break up the bands of fibrous tissue that play a part in binding the skin downward in the typical cottage cheese appearance. The depressed area can then "float" to the surface. Often, these bands will subsequently be replaced by new, more normal collagen bundles to further serve as a buttress to the overlying skin. Finally, after two or more such treatment sessions, a small amount of volumizer, such as Radiesse, can be subsequently injected to further elevate and smooth the overlying skin and promote additional natural collagen production. .

Web reference: http://YoungerLookingWithoutSurgery.com

Cellulaze will smooth over the skin

+1

Cellulaze will help to smooth over the skin through one minimally invasive procedure to keep it cellulite free. This method promotes skin thickening and tightening.