Deep Creases Under Nose 7 Months Post Rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty over 7 months ago and still have a deep crease over my lip when I smile and another one directly under my nose at rest. Filler doesn't work! The columella and nasal spine are low ( lower than my nose) and look like they inhibit the area above the lip. Can these be shortened? I look like I am sneering and am self conscience now. I don't have a picture, sorry.

Crease under nose

+1

Although 7 months may not be long enough for full healing you could try something simple: have your PS inject a small amount of botox/dysport into the muscles under your nose and see if that is the culprit. If so, then a relatively simple procedure may alleviate the problem.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty Required

+1

Dear PC,

Although final results are established at 12 months after the rhinoplasty, your description is of an aberration that should be addressed with the utmost delicacy by a board certified surgeon of extensive experience in the field of rhinoplasty.

I do not think that without photos and physical examination I can provide you with a solid solution. So, I would like to encourage to schedule a consultation for a full assessment.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Creases

+1

The small muscles at the base of your nose may be the culprits!  A rhinoplasty approach that address the nasolabial anatomy is in order.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.