4 Deep Chickenpox Scars

hello. my name is laila. i have 4 deep dark chickenpox scars on my face. and they are dark. i would like to remove all of them if posible. i cant take them no more. they bother me "phsykial". everybody i asked they say i cant do anything about them . and it makes me sad of thinking of the future. what can i do? if surgical is the solution im down. but will it lead to another scar??? the doctors in denmark dont have so much experience around things like this. so im down to come to america .

Scar Removal

+2

A chickenpox scar can be treated in a variety of ways.  They can be excised, or cut out, and there will be a scar, but typically it will be much less noticeable than the one you have.  Over time, 1-2 years, our patients have trouble finding the scars.  The scars can be treated with laser after surgery and they respond much better than without surgery.  Be hopeful, this is able to be treated.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Treating chicken pox scars in dark skin

+2

I would consider 2 main options for your scars. Profractional or other fractionated laser resurfacing which will help perhaps 40-60% in improving the appearance of the scars, though they will temporarily give you some hyperpigmentation in the treated area which can be addressed with fading creams. The other option would be some punch or other excisions. 

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon