I Have 2 Deep Chicken Pox Scars on my Nose,what Can I Use to Remove Them?

Chicken Pox scars

+1
Chicken pox scars can be difficult to treat depending on the size of the scar and the location. It may take a combination of injections such as Restylane and Fraxel lasers to improve the appearance of the scars. For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with lasers and scar treatments. 

Scar Removal

+1

This is a tough area and “removal” is not easy.  Have an evaluation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who does noses, and there may be surgical options , laser, or time.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Chicken Pox Scars

+1

Chicken pox scars are among the most difficult to treat.  Laser does not work well because the depth of skin injury is too deep.  Excision of the scar will result in another scar, often times longer in length.  I developed a concept of scar treatment called FaSuLa, that I have used successfully for almost 15 years to evaluate and treat facial scars.  Most chicken pox scars do well with this technique.  It involves releasing the scar bands to allow the skin to float up to the surface again, followed by implantation of a graft material to fill the gap.  Once the scar is flat, secondary treatment with laser is sometimes beneficial.  Often these scars have lost the natural skin color, and this can not be fixed with our present day knowledge.  You can read more about this on my website.

Good Luck,

Yoash R. Enzer, MD

Yoash R. Enzer, MD, FACS
Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

Scars on the nose

+1

Without a picture it is difficult to tell what your best choice is.Excision is one choice CO2 laser resurfacing is another, sometimes a filler may help.

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Chicken pox scars can be treated by a variety of procedures

+1

Without pictures it would be difficult to see exactly what type of procedure would help.  Depending on the exact location on the nose, there are several possibilities to improve the scar, if there is a possibility at all.  Fractionated and non-fractionated CO2 resurfacing could help the blend the edges.  Dermabrasion can sometimes do wonders.  Excision, per the other physician's post, would be useful depending on the location on the nose.

Daniel I. Wasserman, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

Scars

+1

Scars on the nose may be difficult to treat. I f they are on the thinner skin of the nose they may be able to be revised, i.e., cut out and stitched to give a fine line scar instead of an indentation. If they are on the thicker tip skin it may be better to use a filler, such as Juvederm to try to smooth them out. A plastic surgeon would be able to advise you after examing the scars.

Hugh McLean, MD
Mississauga Plastic Surgeon

Chicken pox nose scars

+1

There are a few options which I have used successfully - subcision (needling under the skin), TCA cross treatment, and fractionated laser resurfacing. In some cases a simple punch excision can be very successful. Best to have a consultation with your dermatologist to discuss the best option for you.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon