Do Deep Chemical Peels REALLY Get Rid of Eye Wrinkles?

I'm a 33 yr old female and have a tons of eye wrinkles: crows feet and under eye wrinkles which botox does NOT get rid of since these have actually become static wrinkles (wrinkles that show even when I'm not making facial expressions). It's really sad that I have so many wrinkles for such a young age! I'm blonde, very thin skinned, poor lasticity and bad genetics I'm skeptical that the peel would work in the sensitive eye area??? Thanks for any input, Lilly

A Chemical Peel Will Help

+1

There are certainly options to improve the wrinkles under your eyes and various chemical peels are possible.  Don't stop with the neuromodulator (Botox), as if you are genetically prone to wrinkles and have a very active face, this will likely reduce the permanent wrinkling effect that will occur over time.  Some young people have redundant skin or even muscle (orbicularis) on their lower eyelids just under the lashes and can benefit from a blepharoplasty.  This doesn't have to be as extensive as a blepharoplasty on someone older.  Consult with a plastic surgeon who offers all these treatments to get an unbiased opinion on what would be best for you.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Chemical peel for lower lid rhytids

+1

A wide variety of chemical peels are available.  The results depend on the type of acid used on the face and to what depth it penetrates.  There is no question, results are very favorable.  The fine lines will be less visible with a deeper peel.  I require pre-treating with a skin bleaching agent one month prior to a deeper peel.  Request to review before and after pictures that the provider actually performed.  Extra care should be taken in the summer avoiding the sun and using appropriate sunscreen.Thank you

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Chemical peels and Botox for undereye wrinkles in Los Angeles

+1

Chemical peels can improve skin texture and quality.  I would combine a MelaPeel with Botox injections to improve skin wrinkles around the eyes. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Yes chemical peels really can improve eye wrinkles.

+1

Jessner's +35% TCA is a very helpful peel to improve eye creases but needs to be done 3-5 times about 2-4 weeks apart and run $350/session. A good cortisone cream such as triamcinolone cream applied twice a day helps reduce the redness and SPF every morning is important. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Fine eye wrinkle correction

+1

Treatments such as chemical peels and lasers are great for fine line improvement when done correctly by a licensed provider. Other procedures such as facial fat grafting can be very beneficial on skin that lacks elasticity and volume. Always consult with your aesthetician or doctor providing these treatments before deciding. It can be difficult to make an exact recommendation without seeing your "problem areas".

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Chemical Peel for Eyelid Wrinkles

+1

Many treatments for lower lid wrinkles and crow's feet are available, and they each have pros and cons. Much depends on whether or not there is excess loose skin. The gold standard that most other treatments are compared to is the carbon dioxide laser. This gives very good, long lasting results at the expense of a prolonged recovery period. Generally, this means 7-10 days of healing with several weeks of redness. Fractionated carbon dioxide laser has a shorter recovery but will take several tretmemnts to complete.Laser treatments heat up the skin and cause some shrinkage which may tighten up loose skin. A chemical peel is less useful for this problem but does improve the appearance of wrinkles alone. 

Gus Galante, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Eye Wrinkle Correction

+1

Peels absolutely can greatly reduce eye wrinkles.   I prefer the Phenol -Croton Oil peel but the TCA p[properly done is excellent also.  Peels can be done much more cost efficient than Laser.   Consult with an ELITE surgeon in your area.  I have done wrinkle correction on 33 year olds and even 25 year olds so age is not an issue.   REMEMBER THE WORD GET RID OF IS NOT APPROPRIATE HERE.  GET GREAT IMPROVEMENT IS FINE.   Also never forget Botox and Retin A considerations for eye area wrinkles.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

TCA for Eye Wrinkling

+1

When done correctly, TCA peeling (at appropriate strength in hands of an experienced user) can yield excellent results for eye wrinkling. Laser treatments can also be very helpful. I must say that you are rather young and it would be helpful to see what it is you are calling "eye wrinkles."

Channing R. Barnett, MD

TCA peel vs Fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing for peri-orbital wrinkles

+1

A chemical peel such as a TCA peel are better for texture, pigmenation and very fine wrinkling.  A better procedure for tightening the skin is fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing such as SmartSkin or SmartXide.  This will give you the best result with about the same amount of down time, 6 - 7 days, as a chemical peel.  

The punishment needs to fit the crime.

+1

Yes, chemical peels are very effective at improving lower eyelid wrinkles.  The key is peeling to the right depth.  Generally to improve lower eyelid wrinkles, one needs a peel that is of sufficient depth.  This means that the light peels performed by your aesthetician are not going to get the job done.  Several light peels can't do the job on one stronger peel.  TCA is good for minimal lines.  However, phenol is my preferred peeling agent for this purpose.